Measure vitrinite reflectance of coal, kerogen and petroleum source rock quickly and easily. The CoalPro III™ Optical Petrography System from CRAIC Technologies is a microphotometer designed for the organic petrographic analysis using Standard Test Methodologies ISO 7404-5 and ASTM D2798. Thismicrophotometer is configured to measure the reflectance from coals, kerogens and petroleum source rock. However, it also has a very flexible design. The CoalPro III™ was developed anticipating the next generation of test protocols as well as for fluorescence and micro-imaging.Incorporating a new optical detector and CRAIC CoalPro™ software, the CoalPro III™ system grades the energy content of coals, kerogens and petroleum source rock using the ISO 7404 and ASTM D2798standard test methods. It also gives you the ability to collect full color images of each measurement location in addition to full automation if desired.However, the CoalPro III™ can also be upgraded to a full 308 Coal™ microscope spectrophotometer to measure the full reflectance spectrum and the spectral fluorescence from coal, kerogen, petroleum source rock and other petrochemicals.
With no moving parts, the CoalPro III™ is durable and user friendly. Designed with flexibility and speed in mind, the CoalPro III™ system rapidly measures vitrinite reflectivity and also has the ability to do other types of spectroscopic and petrographic analysis and imaging. With this flexibility of design, it will easily comply with future changes in coal testing methods and your own experiments.
- High sensitivity detector with low noise and long term stability
- CRAIC CoalPro™ software to calculate reflectance per ISO 7404 and ASTM D2798 standard test methods.
- CRAIC Vitrinite Reference Materials available
- Precision 546 nm reflectance measurements
- Can be upgraded to full range microspectroscopy
- Can be upgraded to fluorescence microspectroscopy
- The only coal reflectance system that also incorporates color digital imaging.
- Upgrade your old coal reflectance system with supported technology
- Manual or fully automated operation
- Precision temperature control of samples
- Specialized software including statistical analysis, spectral databasing, image analysis and more
- Easy to use and maintain
- From the experts in microspectroscopy
ISO 7404 and ASTM D2798
|The CoalPro III™ is designed to measure the reflectance of vitrinite macerals per ISO 7404 and ASTM D2798 standard methods. Offered both in manual and automated mode, the system produces industry standard reports when used with CRAIC Vitrinite Reflectance Standards. Test reports can also be customized to your particular requirements.|
Cutting edge microfluorometry
|The CoalPro III™ can also measure the fluorescence intensity of coals, kerogens and petroleum source rock easily and quickly. With the ability to image and measure the emission intensity, the CoalPro III™ is a powerful tool for spectral analysis of geological samples…including fluid inclusions.|
High resolution color digital imaging
|The CoalPro III™ offers high resolution, color digital imaging with sophisticated software. It allows you to simultaneously see both the spectrophotometer entrance aperture and the coal sample. This makes it very easy to align the sample for measurements and to capture full color images under any measurement conditions.|
- Vitrinite Coal Reflectometry
- Organic Petrography
- Kerogen Analysis
- Petroleum Source Rock Analysis
- Reflectance microspectroscopy
- Transmission microspectroscopy
- Fluorescence microspectroscopy
- Color imaging
- Mineralogy analysis